What is the age requirement to volunteer?
- The volunteer age requirement for general programs is 16 years old. Volunteers under 16 should be accompanied by an adult, with the exception of youth program activities. Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the written consent of a parent or guardian prior to volunteering for SOAR Fox Cities.
- The minimum age for youth program volunteers is 13 years old. Volunteer peers (youth without disabilities) do not need to pre-register to volunteer for TnT activities.
How do I get started with volunteering at SOAR?
- For Camps, Special Olympics and Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities, complete a Volunteer Registration Form online (applications are also available to be sent through the mail).
- Some youth programs, such as TnT, do not require volunteer peers (youth without disabilities) to pre-register. Peers can show up and participate! Contact Lisa McCallister at [email protected] or 920-731-9831 for more information.
- For Special Event Volunteer Opportunities and Corporate & Group Volunteer Opportunities, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 920-731-9831 for more information.
What happens after I submit my volunteer application?
After submitting the Volunteer Registration Form, SOAR will conduct a background/reference check and follow-up with you with next steps.
Note regarding background/reference check: SOAR Fox Cities performs background and reference checks on all volunteers. Background checks will be performed on volunteers on an ongoing basis and can result in dismissal from placement as a SOAR Fox Cities volunteer at any time. Any applicant or existing volunteer found to have been convicted of or having charges pending for a felony or misdemeanor involving theft, sex offense, child abuse or neglect, or related acts that would pose risks to participants or SOAR Fox Cities Inc.’s credibility, or the circumstances of which are otherwise substantially related to the volunteer’s duties, is not eligible to be a volunteer.
Is there a volunteer orientation?
Yes. After submitting the Volunteer Registration Form, SOAR will follow-up with you with next steps including a New Volunteer Orientation. The orientation can be completed online or via an in-person or virtual meeting with the Volunteer Coordinator.
Do you accept community service?
Who do I contact for questions?
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 920-731-9831 for questions or more information.